Ahad, 25 Julai 2010

DAP’s Voon Says Only Taib Can Lead BN Sarawak


In an exclusive interview with Tribune’s Si Poh Liang, the Democratic Action Party’s Batu Lintang State Assemblyman, Voon Lee Shan, has described Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud as the only person who can lead the ruling Barisan Nasional’s dominant Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB).“There is still no one capable of replacing Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud. Who will be able to lead the State Barisan Nasional? Taib is still the only leader capable of leading the PBB (Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu Sarawak)".

On question of DAP and Pakatan Rakyat, have been accused of importing so-called peninsular confrontational politics to our shores and also that proper decorum in the DUN was not observed. Two opposition members have been suspended from DUN. YB Voon commended that "Different people have different styles. I like to achieve things in a different way. I feel that the Dewan (State Legislative Assembly) is a place where we must have very sincere, frank and honest discussions."

"We debate the issues. It is not a place where you simply shout and you shout. There are times you shout and people may agree but you must look at the issues and be very careful.Time is limited. We are given 20 to 30 minutes. You must speak sensibly. You shout and then if you are kicked out, the people’s representation expected of you is gone.

I will not do it. Not for cheap publicity. I will not do it. I don’t care what the party’s stand is. I will not simply shout. I have my principles. I want representation for the people of Batu Lintang. I represent the people.
If I shout, I make sure I shout in a correct way. If I talk, I will talk with sense.
I will give constructive criticism.That is most important. You criticise them but you must give them ideas on how to overcome problems. That is what the government wants.

Rough politics in the Dewan and shouting unnecessarily is something not acceptable. Lawyers are trained to argue professionally.The people’s representative must lead. They must be more knowledgeable. It must be a contest over ideas.

**DAP Voon's himself also agreed that the others DAP's ADUN & PKR ADUN are shouting for nothing.. and the 2 wakil rakyats who was suspended from DUN who were also lawyers but not trained professionally. They just simply shout for nothing.**

Tiada ulasan: